Jetzt Teil der Universität werden / Become part of us
Faculty of Engineering, Institute for Energy and Materials Processes – Reactive Fluids
Post Doctoral Position (f/m/d, No. 291-23)
EG 13 TV-L
Start of employment
Duration of employment
39 h 50 min (100 %)
Your main tasks
Applications of artificial neural networks for analysis and control of flame processes
We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher to join our team to work on the applications of artificial neural networks (ANNs) for the analysis and control of flame processes with the intention to establish a new long-term research focus at the Institute. The successful candidate will work in a dynamic research environment and collaborate with leading experts in the field of optical diagnostic and flame synthesis. ANNs have shown great potential for the analysis and control of complex systems, including flame processes and nanoparticle synthesis. The ability to accurately analyze and control flame processes is crucial for achieving optimal efficiency, minimizing emissions, optimizing product yield/quality and ensuring safety. The aim is to investigate to what extent ANNs can replace or improve classical analysis and control approaches. ANNs will be applied to spontaneous emission of flames (optical but also acoustical) and combined with active measurement methods such as laser-based imaging.
- Develop and implement ANNs for the analysis and control of flames for energy and synthesis processes.
- Conduct experiments and collect data to train and validate ANNs.
- Cooperation with simulation working groups, e.g., for training ANNs
- Analyze and interpret results, and communicate findings to the research team.
- Publish high-quality research papers in peer-reviewed journals and present at scientific conferences.
- Participation in the acquisition of research funding
- As part of the activity, the opportunity for further academic qualification is offered.
- Above-average PhD in mechanical or chemical engineering, physics, or chemistry
- Active research involvement in recent years
- Good knowledge across multiple of these areas: artificial intelligence, optical diagnostic, combustions processes, computational fluid dynamics or flame synthesis
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python and MATLAB.
- Experience with experimental data collection, analysis, and interpretation.
We offer you
- a varied, multifaceted field of activity in a research-intensive environment
- an interesting, responsible job with great creative potential, where you will get to know the diverse tasks and developments of research transfer and have contacts with almost all areas of the UDE
- Interdisciplinary research at a very high level
- a non-discriminatory working environment with respectful, appreciative cooperation
- a pleasant working atmosphere in a dynamic team
- a broad range of further education and training opportunities, individual induction training
- possibility of partially working remotely
Please send your application with the usual documents to Prof. Christof Schulz, University of Duisburg-Essen, Faculty of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, EMPI-Reactive Fluids, 47057 Duisburg, e-mail email@example.com or Dr. Torsten Endres, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the reference number 291-23.
Information about the job
For information on the faculty and the advertised position, please visit https://www.uni-due.de/empi/rf/.