Jetzt Teil der Universität werden / Become part of us
Faculty of Physics
Scientific Researcher (f/m/d, No. 642-23)
EG 13 TV-L
Within the TWIST Group we investigate the complex fundamental physics of topologically protected magnetic structures - skyrmions. In particular, we study the interplay between skyrmions, different magnetic structures, and spin and charge currents. This interplay is governed by microscopic mechanisms within complex materials that must also be understood and engineered. Gaining a deeper understanding of these mechanisms to optimally utilize the properties of skyrmions towards potential spintronics applications is a key focus of our work.
Start of employment
as soon as possible
Duration of employment
29 h 52 min (75%)
Your main tasks
We are pleased to announce the opening of a PhD position In our TWIST*team at the University of Duisburg-Essen. The selected applicant will conduct frontier research at the cross-section of magnetism and artificial intelligence.
For a wide range of technologies, understanding and improving magnetic materials is crucial. Magnetic) inhomogeneities, or any variation from a perfect structure play a significant influence in the hysteresis behavlour of magnets. The selected candidate will apply advanced data-driven inference methods and magnetic multiscale models to investigate the role of inhomogeneities in magnetic materials in both magnetocaloric materials and permanent magnets.
The community of researchers studying magnetic phenomena in the Ruhr region belongs to the best in Germany and it is expected that the position holder will benefit from numerous possibilities for collaboration for example through the DFG funded Collaborative Research Centers CRC 1242 and TRR 270.
As part of this graduate position, the successful applicant js offered ample opportunity for further scientific training (culminating in a PhD).
- a Master in Physics or a related field
- a background in theoretical techniques in condensed matter physics
- experience in magnetization dynamics, permanent magnets, micromagnetic modeling, machine learning, magnetocaloric materials as well as unconventional computing schemes are highly suited for this opportunity
- programming experience is desired
- fluent in oral and written English.
- a high degree of independence, meanwhile also stimulate interaction with colleagues
We offer you
- a varied, diverse range of tasks
- an interesting with potential, where you will get to know the diverse tasks and developments of research transfer and have contacts with almost all areas of the UDE
- research at a very high level
- a pleasant working atmosphere in a dynamic team
- a broad range of further education and training opportunities, individual mentoring
- sports and health offers (university sports)
Unfortunately, the application deadline for this position has passed.
Information about the job
Information about the Team is available temporarily at: https://www.uni-due.de/physik/twist