All our research teams are linked to a network of both national and international scientific cooperations. Below is a summary of the Faculty of Mathematics’ third party funded projects as well as of research cooperations both inside and outside of the University.
Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG)
- SPP 1786 "The Cross-fertilization of Homotopy Theory and Algebraic Geometry, Especially Through Motivic Homotopy Theory, Derived Algebraic Geometry and Differential Homotopy Theory" (Coordinator: Prof. M. Levine, Cooperation: Dan-Cohen)
- SPP 1489 "Algorithmic and Experimental Methods in Algebra, Geometry and Number Theory" (Cooperation: AG Görtz)
- SPP 1590 "Probabilistic Structures in Evolution” (Cooperation: AG Winter, AG Hutzenthaler)
- SPP 1748 "Reliable Simulation Techniques in Solid Mechanics" (Co-Iniatator: Prof. G. Starke, Cooperation: AG Starke)
- SPP 1962 "Nonsmooth and Complementarity-based Distributed Parameter Systems" (Co-Initiator: Prof. A. Rösch, Cooperation: AG Clason, AG Rösch, AG Starke, AG Yousept)
Participation in DFG-Sonderforschungsbereich/Transregio
- SFB/TR 154 "Mathematical Modelling, Simulation and Optimization using the Example of Gas Networks" (AG Schultz)
- SFB 823 "Statistical modelling of nonlinear dynamic processes" (AG Belomestny)
DFG-Research Training Groups
Within the framework of the Gaspard Monge Program for Optimization and Operations research (PGMO) of the Fondation Mathematiques Jacques Hadamard, Prof. Dr. Schultz is working on "Optimization under probabilistic constraints of complex systems - Application to the Anchoring offshore wind turbines". Partners are the Université Paris Diderot, Paris VII and Électricité de France (EDF).
The Essen Seminar for Algebraic Geometry and Arithmetic consists of scientific research teams working in the area of algebraic geometry, algebraic K-theory, arithmetic geometry and number theory at the Essen Campus of the University of Duisburg-Essen.