The German Research Foundation DFG is funding a Research Training Group run by the Essen Seminar for Algebraic Geometry and Arithmetic that started April 2020. The first funding period will run for four and a half years.
Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG)
- SPP 1748 "Reliable Simulation Techniques in Solid Mechanics" (Co-Iniatator: Prof. G. Starke, Cooperation: AG Starke)
- SPP 1786 "The Cross-fertilization of Homotopy Theory and Algebraic Geometry, Especially Through Motivic Homotopy Theory, Derived Algebraic Geometry and Differential Homotopy Theory" (Coordinator: Prof. M. Levine, Cooperation: AG Heinloth)
- SPP 1962 "Nonsmooth and Complementarity-based Distributed Parameter Systems" (Co-Initiator: Prof. A. Rösch, Cooperation: AG Starke, AG Yousept)
- SPP 1984 "Hybrid and multimodal energy systems: System theoretical methods for the transformation and operation of complex networks" (Cooperation: AG Schultz)
- SPP 2256 "Variational Methods for Predicting Complex Phenomena in Engineering Structures and Materials" (Cooperation: AG Gastel, AG Neff)
- SPP 2265 "Random Geometric Systems” (Cooperation: AG Winter)
- SPP 2298 "Theoretical Foundations of Deep Learning” (Cooperation: AG Hutzenthaler)
Participation in DFG-Sonderforschungsbereich/Transregio
- SFB/TR 154 "Mathematical Modelling, Simulation and Optimization using the Example of Gas Networks" (AG Schultz)
- SFB 823 "Statistical modelling of nonlinear dynamic processes" (AG Belomestny)
DFG-Research Training Groups
Within the framework of the Gaspard Monge Program for Optimization and Operations research (PGMO) of the Fondation Mathematiques Jacques Hadamard, Prof. Dr. Schultz is working on "Optimization under probabilistic constraints of complex systems - Application to the Anchoring offshore wind turbines". Partners are the Université Paris Diderot, Paris VII and Électricité de France (EDF).
Never have digital teaching methods been more important – for learners but also for teachers. Preparing them for the digital future ist the main goal of the project "Digitale Mathematiklehrerbildung in NRW (DigiMal.nrw)".
The Essen Seminar for Algebraic Geometry and Arithmetic consists of scientific research teams working in the area of algebraic geometry, algebraic K-theory, arithmetic geometry and number theory at the Essen Campus of the University of Duisburg-Essen.