Welcome to the Duisburg-Essen University Library
Switching to a new library systemFrom April 16th to April 19th, all branch libraries will be closed.
From Monday, 12/04/2021Extended opening hours in the Humanities and Social Sciences Library, LK Library and Medical Library
From 12/04/2021: mon - fri 10:00am - 6:00pm
From 20/04/2021: mon - sat 10:00am - 6:00pm
From Monday, 29/03/2021 the following conditions apply:
- Only the pick-up of previously ordered media and the return of media is possible.
- Access to the UL only with pick-up notification (you will receive an email as soon as your order is ready) or for the return of media.
- Media are available for pickup for seven days.
- Return of media is possible at the return machines, the circulation counters or via the return boxes.
- No access to: stock rooms, study places, PC workstations, printers, scanners and copiers.
Please remember to wear a medical mouth-nose protection (surgical mask or FFP2 mask) and to bring your library card. When you enter and leave the library, your personal data will be recorded.
Please access our digital services when possible and avoid in-person library visits.
New library system as of 20.04.2021
These restrictions apply until the system change:
- Purchase proposals and new acquisitions cannot be processed.
- You cannot order books via interlibrary loan.
- You cannot register as new user.
- From 6:00pm on 13/04, no reservations or orders can be placed.
- From 15/04, you will not be able to order essays via interlibrary loan. The resumption of all interlibrary loans (books and essays) is planned for 26/04.
- On Friday, 16/04 and Monday, 19/04, it will not be possible to borrow media. All branch libraries will be closed on these days.
The loan periods for media due in April and May have been automatically postponed. Exceptions are reserved media and interlibrary loans.
Please check your lending account.
Do you manage a list of favourites in Primo?
Your list of favourites is not automatically transferred. To ensure that this data is not lost, you must transfer it to the new system yourself.
You need an overview of existing knowledge, but you don't know where and how to find it?
We have the answers to your questions about scientific search.