Open Access Funding from 2018
News | Memberships at Open Access publishers | News
In March 2019, Duisburg-Essen University Library became a member of MDPI (Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute), a Swiss open access publisher. UDE authors receive a discount of 10% on their article fees upon publication. The invoices are processed centrally by the UL.
Since May there is also a membership in Frontiers, another Swiss open access publisher. Here, UDE authors receive a 7.5% discount on the item fees, and invoice processing is also carried out centrally via the UL.
Ask us - we are pleased to help you!
You publish - we support you!
In accordance with the DFG guidelines, the UL provides an OA publication fund in addition to the regular literature budget.The aim is to support authors by assuming publication fees (e.g. Article Processing Charges: APCs) in Open Access publications (journals, monographs and compilations).
Funding of articles
We can fully fund your publication if the following criteria are met:
- A member of the University Duisburg-Essen is the submitting author or the corresponding author of an article and, therefore, responsible for the payment of its publication fees.
- The article has got to be published in a journal whose contents are instantly available online and free of charge once they are published ("genuine Open Access Journals" that are listed in the Directory of Open Access Journals) and that applies acknowledged methods of quality assurance.
- Publications from a bonus program cannot be funded.
- The publication fees may not exceed the amount of 2,000 EUR incl. 19% VAT per article.
- Proportional funding of articles whose costs exceed the total amount of 2,000 EUR is not possible.
- The articles must contain a reference to the funding (e.g. "We acknowledge support by the Open Access Publication Fund of the University of Duisburg-Essen.").
- There is no additional funding if an article is partly financed from other subsidies.
Please send the original invoice to the addresses given on the right or by e-mail to email@example.com.
The UL will do the transfer. Invoices are processed in the order in which they are received until the funds from the Publication Fund have been exhausted.
Funding of monographs
Considering monographs and compilations, Open Access funding is also possible for all subject areas.
If you are planning a publication and would like to publish it directly as an open access publication, we will gladly assist you.
Please contact us!
Considering monographs and compilations, Open Access funding is also possible for all subject areas. This is done in particular by the UL's BMBF-funded project OGeSoMo (promotion of Open Access in the humanities and social sciences with a focus on monographs).
The UL cooperates with various German publishers to prove the value and possibilities of Open Access with usage and sales figures.
Please contact us!
All contents on these pages are for information purposes only and are not legally binding.