Funding of articles
We can fully fund your publication if the following criteria are met:
- A member of the University Duisburg-Essen is the submitting author or the corresponding author of an article and, therefore, responsible for the payment of its publication fees.
- The article has got to be published in a journal whose contents are instantly available online and free of charge once they are published ("genuine Open Access Journals" that are listed in the Directory of Open Access Journals) and that applies acknowledged methods of quality assurance.
- Publications from a bonus program cannot be funded.
- The publication fees may not exceed the amount of 2,000 EUR incl. 19% VAT per article.
- Proportional funding of articles whose costs exceed the total amount of 2,000 EUR is not possible.
- The articles must contain a reference to the funding (e.g. "We acknowledge support by the Open Access Publication Fund of the University of Duisburg-Essen.").
- There is no additional funding if an article is partly financed from other subsidies.
Please send the original invoice to the addresses given on the right or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The UL will do the transfer. Invoices are processed in the order in which they are received until the funds from the Publication Fund have been exhausted.