UL: Information for UDE students
Library Info for First Semester Students
For first-year students, we have compiled all the information you need for starting your studies,
for orientation in the branch libraries and for our advisory services.
Courses and advisory services on information and data literacy
At the UL, we have a wide range of courses for students that you can attend free of charge at any time.
In our Writing sprints you can practise preparing for a writing task and staying focused.
For students from abroad, we offer courses in English.
Anyone who wants to improve their information skills independently of course times can take advantage of our self-learning options.
Courses on dealing with data
At the UL, we also provide you with basic and in-depth knowledge on how to deal with data.
At DataCampus UDE, you will learn the basics of data management and data analysis.
The DataEDUcation online course teaches you everything you need to know about researching, evaluating and processing numerical data and statistics.
The UDE Hacky Hour is an open place to tinker with codes, data and tools with others.
In the area of Research Data Management, we have a wide range of courses in the FDM curriculum for advanced students and doctoral candidates.
Library services for students
In the branch libraries and at many other locations on the campuses there are
- study and work rooms for concentrated individual work,
- for study groups and also
- for a short break.
Please first check in Primo whether the title is already available in print or online.
Use our form to suggest a title for purchase. We will then check whether the purchase of a print edition or the licensing of an e-book is possible.
Special services for ...
Students in exams
- Subject-related advice: your contact persons for subject-specific questions on literature research and databases
- Advanced and refresher courses on literature research and management
- Courses on subject-specific literature research: tips and tricks for your subject-specific literature research
- Electronic offers (databases, e-books etc.) in the overview by subject area