Lending: do it yourself
In the LK Library (Duisburg campus) as well as in the Humanities and Social Sciences Library and the MNT Library (Essen campus) and , you borrow your media by checking them out yourself at our self-issue machines.To to so, you will need your library card and your password.
In the other branch libraries, you can borrow your media at the lending desks.
Lending by an authorised person
You can authorise a person to borrow or collect media for you.
- Your library card and a signed certificate of authority has to be presented.
- The certificate of authority has to contain the name of the authorised person.
- It is only valid for one borrowing transaction.
- The authorisedperson has to present a photo id.
Lending by student assistants or assistant professors
UDE academics can assign borrowing and collecting media to assistants by providing a limited certificate of authority.
- The account holder´s library card has to be presented.
- The certificate of authority has to include the name of the authorised person and the date of the limitation.
- The assistant has to present his own photo ID, too.