Lending: do it yourself
In the LK Library (Duisburg) as well as in the Humanities and Social Sciences Library and the MNT Library (Essen), you borrow your media by checking them out yourself at our self-lending terminals. To do so, you will need your user number/university ID and your PIN.
In the other branch libraries, you can borrow your media at the lending desks.
You can authorise a person to borrow or collect media for you.
- Your library card and a signed certificate of authority has to be presented.
- The certificate of authority has to contain the name of the authorised person.
- It is only valid for one borrowing transaction.
- The authorisedperson has to present a photo id.
UDE academics can assign borrowing and collecting media to assistants by providing a limited certificate of authority.
- The account holder´s library card has to be presented.
- The certificate of authority has to include the name of the authorised person and the date of the limitation.
- The assistant has to present his own photo ID, too.