Lending: do it yourself
In these branch libraries, you borrow your media by checking them out yourself at our self-lending terminals.
- LK Library (Duisburg campus)
- Humanities and Social Sciences Library (Essen campus)
- MNT Library (Essen campus)
- Medical Library (University Clinic Essen).
To do so, you will need your user number/university ID and your PIN.
In the branch libraries BA and MC, you can borrow your media at the lending desks.
You can authorise a person to borrow or collect media for you.
- Your library card and a signed certificate of authority has to be presented.
- The certificate of authority has to contain the name of the authorised person.
- It is only valid for one borrowing transaction.
- The authorisedperson has to present a photo id.
UDE academics can assign borrowing and collecting media to assistants by providing a limited certificate of authority.
- The account holder´s library card has to be presented.
- The certificate of authority has to include the name of the authorised person and the date of the limitation.
- The assistant has to present his own photo ID, too.