Modelling of Concurrent Systems (SS 2018)
Lecturer and Tutor:
Dr. Harsh Beohar
The following topics are expected to be covered during this course:
- Transition system
- Behavioral equivalences: trace equivalence, failure equivalence, bisimulation equivalence
- Hennessy-Milner Logic
- Process algebra - TCP, (CCS and CSP)
- Formal specification of hybrid system
See also the website from SS 2017 (with the slides from year 2017).
Who is this course for?
- Master of Applied Computer Science (MAI): Computer Science for the field of application - Distributed, Reliable Systems
- JCM Baeten, T. Basten, MA Reniers: Process Algebra : Equational Theories of Communicating Processes . Cambridge University Press, 2010.
- Luca Aceto, Anna Ingolfsdottir, Kim G. Larsen, Jiri Srba : Reactive Systems: Modeling, Specification and Verification . Cambridge University Press, 2007.
- R. Milner : Communication and Concurrency . Prentice Hall, 1989.
- CAR Hoare : Communicating sequential processes . 2004. http://www.usingcsp.com/cspbook.pdf
- Davide Sangiorgi : On the Origins of Bisimulation, Coinduction, and Fixed Points . Technical Report 2007-24, Department of Computer Science, University of Bologna, 2007. http://www.cs.unibo.it/~sangio/DOC_public/history_to_coind.pdf
Winskel G. (1989) An introduction to event structures. In: de Bakker J.W., de Roever W.P., Rozenberg G. (eds) Linear Time, Branching Time and Partial Order in Logics and Models for Concurrency. REX 1988. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 354. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
The following tool demo will be given in the lecture (not part of the syllabus):