General Language Requirements
Applicants who have not acquired their university qualifications at a German speaking institution in Germany or at an equivalent institution abroad can be admitted to study a discipline within the academic programme ISE when they demonstrate knowledge of German by presenting a certificate of at least the level B1 achieved on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Applicants who are not native speakers of English can be admitted to study a discipline within the academic programme ISE when they demonstrate knowledge of English by presenting a certificate of at least the level B1 achieved on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) by means of having:
a. taken English as a major subject during the general qualification for university entrance (Abitur) or
b. passed one of the following English tests at the level indicated
• TOEFL 500 (paper-based)
• TOEFL 173 (computer-based)
• TOEFL 61 (internet-based)
• IELTS: Extremely limited User, Band 3
• University of Cambridge: Key English Test
• an equivalent grade on an equivalent test
These students will be admitted with the proviso that they successfully complete the respective course and achieve the level of C1 on CEFR test before registering for the final thesis.
Please read also the Language Requirements!
• Bachelor's degree in an appropriate subject area with adequate length of studies and with an average mark of at least 2.5 issued in Germany or a foreign equivalent.
Application Deadline for Winter Semester
• It is suggested to apply before July 15th