Requirements for the Bachelor Program
- General university entrance qualification ("Abitur") or
- Special university entrance qualification (restricted to certain fields of study, so called "Fachhochschulreife" or equivalent).
- The evidence of a special degree course related educational background or qualification from school with special profile in mathematics.
- Applicants must prove that they have studied mathematics in the last 3 years of the previous education entitling them to direct university access and have graduated with a grade of 2.0 (German grading system) or better.
Requirements for the Master Program
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate subject area
- with adequate length of studies and
- with an average mark of at least 2.5 issued in Germany or a foreign equivalent.
Language Requirements Bachelor
When enrolling, applicants must prove that they have knowledge of the German and English language according to the completed level B1 of the European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Students must take placement tests immediately at the start of their studies to determine their knowledge of German and English and for placement.
Applicants who have not obtained their study qualification at a German-speaking institution must have demonstrated German language proficiency at level B2 by the time they register for the modules taught in German.
Studying in a Bachelor's program in ISE requires proof of level B2 in both languages as a prerequisite for graduation. The language courses required for this in individual cases are part of the study program.
Language Requirements Master
When enrolling, applicants must prove that they have knowledge of the German and English language according to the completed level B2 of the European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
English language certificates must be submitted with the application documents. The German language certificates can be submitted later.
Applicants who would like to apply for a Bachelor course as a part of the study program International Studies in Engineering (ISE) must first use the application portal of uni-assist.