German students apply via the "Studierendensekretariat".
Foreign students apply via the "International Office".
General Language Requirements
Applicants who have not acquired their university qualifications at a German speaking institution in Germany or at an equivalent institution abroad can be admitted to study a discipline within the academic program ISE when they demonstrate knowledge of German by presenting a certificate of at least the level B1 achieved on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Applicants who are not native speakers of English can be admitted to study a discipline within the academic program ISE when they demonstrate knowledge of English by presenting a certificate of at least the level B1 achieved on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
These students will be admitted with the proviso that they successfully complete the respective course and achieve the level of B2 on CEFR test before registering for the final thesis.
Please read also the Language Requirements!
Requirements for the Bachelor Program
- General university entrance qualification ("Abitur") or
- Special university entrance qualification (restricted to certain fields of study, so called "Fachhochschulreife" or equivalent).
- The evidence of a special degree course related educational background or qualification from school with special profile in mathematics.
Requirements for the Master Program
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate subject area
- with adequate length of studies and
- with an average mark of at least 2.5 issued in Germany or a foreign equivalent.