Jetzt Teil der Universität werden / Become part of us
Faculty of Physics, Theoretical Physics
Postdoctoral Researcher (f/m/d, Nr. 832-23)
EG 13 TV-L
In our research team TWIST, we theoretically investigate the complex fundamental physics of topologically protected magnetic structures. In particular, we study the interplay between different magnetic structures, and spin and charge currents. This interplay is governed by microscopic mechanisms within complex materials that must also be understood and engineered. Gaining a deeper understanding of these mechanisms to optimally utilize the properties of magnetic structures towards potential spintronics applications is a key focus of our work.
Start of employment
as soon as possible
Duration of employment
39 h 50 min (100%)
Your main tasks
We are pleased to announce the opening of a postdoc position in our TWIST-team at the University of Duisburg-Essen. The selected applicant will conduct frontier research in the fields of magnetism, spintronics, topological matter and/or unconventional computing and artificial intelligence and co-supervise junior scientists.
The community of researchers studying magnetic phenomena in the Ruhr region belongs to the best in Germany and it is expected that the position holder will benefit from numerous possibilities for collaboration for example through the DFG funded Collaborative Research Centers CRC 1242 and TRR 270.
- a PhD degree in Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics or a related field
- a background in theoretical techniques in condensed matter physics
- experience in spintronics, magnetization dynamics, physics of skyrmions and micromagnetic modeling as well as unconventional computing schemes are highly suited for this opportunity
- programming experience is desired
- fluent in oral and written English
- a high degree of independence, meanwhile also stimulate interaction with colleagues
We offer you
- a varied, diverse range of tasks
- a pleasant working atmosphere in a dynamic team
- a broad range of further education and training opportunities, individual mentoring
- sports and health offers (university sports)
Unfortunately, the application deadline for this position has passed.
Information about the job
Information about the team is available at: https://www.uni-due.de/physik/twist