CRC 1093 Events and News
30.09.-02.10.2019Autumn School 2019 on “Leadership and Career“
The autumn school is organised by CRC/TRR 247 and CRC 1093. There will be a keynote speech of Dr. Gaby Schilling about „Leadership and Diversity – the Key to Excellence“, several workshops and individual coachings about leadership, project management and career planning. The programme is available here.
Indo-German Workshop 2019Multivalent and Adaptive Bioinspired Materials
The Indo-German Workshop 2019 unites Chemists from India and Germany under the general umbrella “Multivalent and Adaptive Bioinspired Materials”. Lectures from leading groups cover the main themes of Organic Synthesis, Supramolecular Chemistry, Laser Spectroscopy, Nucleic Acids and Functional Materials. The idea behind this rather informal scientific meeting is to spur discussions, to provide inspiration and to start collaborations between researchers from both countries.
10th Young Chemists’ Symposium Ruhr
September 19th 2019. Registration at https://pretix.eu/jcf-bochum/jcs2019/
- Several workshops to get in touch with chemical industry and the academic community
- ALTANA: Market and Technology Foresight in (Specialty) Chemical Industry
- EVONIK: "One company - Two careers" - Evonik at the JCS Ruhr
- VAA - Führungskräfte Chemie: Der erste Anstellungsvertrag – Was erwartet mich? (German)
- Technical chemistry, Gökce group: Introduction to laser synthesis and processing of nanoparticles
- Jun.-Prof. Michael Giese & Dr. Jochen Niemeyer: Postdoc and funding of your own career
- Dr. Jonathan Faiz: Opening the Editor’s Black Box: Insider Tips for Successful Submissions
- Talks of several invited speakers
- Plenary lecture by Prof. Dr. Jürgen Popp (IPHT Jena): Multicontrast spectroscopy/imaging and digitalization – a key to personalized medicine
- Further talks will be given by Jun.-Prof. Dr. Jens Voskuhl (Universität Duisburg-Essen), Dr. Josep Cornella (MPI Kohlenforschung), Prof. Dr. Paul Czodrowski (TU Dortmund) and Dr. Michael Römelt (Ruhr-Universität Bochum).
International Symposium 2019Supramolecular Principles in Biological Systems
10 – 12 September 2019 University of Duisburg-Essen, Essen, Germany
The third CRC 1093 International Symposium focused on supramolecular principles in biological systems. Presentations by internationally renowned speakers covered the topics:
Rational Design of Supramolecular Ligands
Recognition of Binding Sites
Regulation of Protein-Protein Interactions
Protein Machines, Chaperones and Biomolecular Assemblies
Protein Aggregation, Protein Motions, Disorder to Order Transitions
Systems Chemistry / Biology
WorkshopLatest Advances in Bio Atomic Force Microscopy
Tuesday 24th of April, 2018 - Dr. Alexander Dulebo (Bruker) presents the latest development in AFM technology for various life science application. Furthermore selected speakers present their projects based on AFM measurements.
The workshop includes practical demonstration on a BioScope Resolve AFM.
WorkshopPatenting Process and Patent Research in Life Sciences
Invited Speakers: Dr. Isabel Aller (UDE) and Dr. Wolfram Schleich (Provendis), 12th of February 2019
Patent and intellectual property rights - how to protect your invention (morning session 10.15 –12.45)
Patent research - how to use databases (PC-pool S03, afternoon session 14.15 –16.45, limited no of participants)