15.10.2016 - 14:26:08
Guest Professor - Chenggang Xu
Professor Chenggang Xu will join the GRK 1613/2 “Risk and East Asia” from 15. - 30.10.2016.
In 2009 Professor Xu (PhD in economics, Harvard, 1991) was appointed Professor of Economics at University of Hong Kong and serves as Associate Director at Institute for China and Global Development, University of Hong Kong. He has been invited to provide policy advises by the Chinese State Council, Peoples Bank of China, the CASS, the UNDP, the EBRD, and the UK HM Treasury. He has served as consultants for the World Bank and the IMF.
Professor Xu is also Editorial Board member and Academic committee member at several academic journals, including China Economic Quarterly, China Economic Review and China Journal of Finance.
• Chenggang Xu (2015). “Political and Economic Institutions of China and Their Influences.” Cato Journal. 2015.
• Guo, Di, Kun Jiang, and Chenggang Xu (2015), “Institution and Managerial Task Allocation: Evidence from Chinese Entrepreneurs” Journal of Human Capital. 2015.
• Kim, Byung-Yeon, Jin Wang, and Chenggang Xu (2014), “Development of private sector determines reform and economic development: firm level evidence from all transition economies“, China Journal of Economics, 2014, Vol. 1, No.3: 57-83.
• Guo, Di, Kun Jiang, Byung -Yeon Kim, and Chenggang Xu (2014), “Political Economy of Private Firms in China,” Journal of Comparative Economics, Volume 42, Issue 2, May 2014, Pages 286–303
• Chenggang Xu, “Institutional Foundations of China’s Structural Problems,” in Masahiko Aoki and Jinglian Wu (eds.), The Chinese Economy: A New Transition, International Economic Association World Congress. Palgrave Macmilla. 2012.
• Chenggang Xu, “The Fundamental Institutions of China’s Reforms and Development,” The Journal of Economic Literature, 2011, 49:4, 1076–1151.
During his visit he will be in room LE 717.