Welcoming Exchange Students
The IN-EAST Welcome Office
offers a range of services to our exchange students
from China, Japan and Korea:
- We have put together all relevant information in preparation of your stay in your own language. Please click on the flag of your country below.
- We prepared guidelines in each language on how to make an online reservation for a room in one of the dormitories.
- We put together your personal learning agreement so that you know where and when your courses will take place.
- Before you arrive in Germany, we assign a German student to you as your ‘buddy’. He or she will help you find the way to your dormitory and do the necessary paperwork, register with local authorities, enrol at the University and get your student ID, open a bank account, get internet access etc.
- We also bring together overseas and German students for language learning (“tandem partnerships”) and exchange on all aspects of studying abroad.
- We work closely with people at your university’s International Office in order to ensure that your stay in Germany is not only instructive but problem-free.
If you have any problems or need assistance:
We are here for you!
Contact us at any time via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A Great Study Environment in a Pleasent City to Live in
The largest inland port in Germany makes Duisburg the logistical center of the country. Beyond that the city offers great and diverse opportunities to enjoy industrial culture and serene nature …
- I like the fact that Duisburg is off the beaten-track of where foreigners usually go in Germany. (…) One of my favourite places in Duisburg is the ‘Garden of Memories’ (Garten der Erinnerungen) at the Innenhafen. (Connor Malloy, PhD student)
- The surprise for someone from China is how green the city is. The longer I stay here, the more amazed I become of the natural beauty of the city parks, forests and surrounding environment. (Yuan Li, Acting Professor)
We’d like to show you around!
Enjoy these student-made video clips …
in this clip: Campus impressions (Eindrücke vom Campus) | Cafeteria (Mensa) | Library (Bibliothek)
The City & Surroundings
in this clip: Shopping (Einkaufen) | Central station (Hauptbahnhof) | Inner harbor (Innenhafen) | City hall (Rathaus) | Nature ("Sechs-Seen-Platte") | Zoo | Industrial culture ("Landschaftspark Nord")
Social and Economic Sciences International Program
The lectures and seminars included in this program are open to exchance students visiting Duisburg campus as guests of the Faculty of Social Sciences, Mercator School of Management or the Institute of East Asian Studies.
Social and Economic Sciences International Program (Winter term 2019/20)