MA MEAS - Students
Orientation: What You Can Find on this Website
- Studying at IN-EAST
- Information Regarding Possible Stays Abroad
- Information Regarding the Registration of MA Theses
Due to the ongoing pandemic, the IN-EAST has switched classes to online teaching since summer term 2020. All classes of summer term 2021 take place online/digitally following university specifications. Please refer to the central Corona-information website of the university for more information.
Studying at IN-EAST
Important information (announcements, information regarding classes and exams, internship and job offers, etc.) will be sent to your student E-mail account. Please make sure to check it regulary and/or enable automatic forwarding to your private E-mail account. Your student E-mail is the major channel for information from our side.
Course selection is determined together with Melanie Kogler before the beginning of each semester in an individual mentoring meeting, in which you can ask all your questions about available courses, recommended selection strategies etc.
Course registration is enabled on LSF during registration periods. (Deadlines are announced on LSF and by E-mail notification each semester.)
Exam registration is enabled on HISinOne during the exam registration periods (usually during 5th and 6th week of each semester). We provide you with a step-to-step tutorial on how to register for IN-EAST modules each semester.
Information Regarding Possible Stays Abroad
Please find here documents and information about a possible stay abroad in East Asia (study or internship) during your last MA semester.
First, please check this general information sheet carefully. It also contains the deadlines.
If you are sure you would like to apply for a stay abroad please use this application form.
If you have been invited to and attended the information meeting but have not yet submitted your statement of commitment, please print it out here, fill out and sign it and submit it a.s.a.p. to Ms. Melanie Kogler.
Data Protection: Your details are covered by the full set of data protection laws that are valid at the time of writing. https://www.uni-due.de/en/privacy-policy.php
Make sure to talk to Ms. Kogler before registering your thesis.
Please note that while information on MA thesis registration is still correct, the regulations for MA thesis submission are currently different due to COVID-19. Please contact Ms. Kogler well in advance of your planned submission date to find out about the current procedures.
- MA MEAS Examination Regulations, including module description (in German)
- Module Handbook (old version 2011, new updated version coming soon! For an impression of the modules currently taught, check the LSF – choose “Courses”, Click “Course Overview”, select “Ostasienwissenschaften/East Asian Studies” and then choose the specific study program)
- Information Literacy Training: The information literacy training is mandatory for all MA CEAS students and external MEAS students starting their studies in winter term 2020/21 or later. Contact Melanie Kogler if you have any questions or if you are in a higher semester and would like to join voluntarily.
- Study Program Stucture MA MEAS
- Guidelines for Writing Assignments and MA Theses (OLD version, only valid for assignments and theses started in or before winter term 2020/21)
- Guidelines for Writing Assignments and MA Theses (NEW version, valid as of 01.04.2021 – start of summer term 2021)
- Information about Submitting Medical Certificate/Attestation
If you need further information or have open questions, please contact the Coordination Unit at
Ms. Melanie KOGLER, M.A., Coordinator
Ms. Annika SEIDEL, B.A., Graduate Assistant
Campus Duisburg, Office LE 602 (currently not accessible for students and visitors)