Jetzt Teil der Universität werden / Become part of us
Faculty of Economics, House of Energy Markets and Finance
Scientific Researchers (f/m/d, No. 591-23-1)
EG 13 TV-L
The House of Energy Markets and Finance is one of the leading European research institutes for quantitative energy economics.
Start of employment
as soon as possible
Duration of employment
29 Std. 52 Min. (75%)
Your main tasks
You will work in the DFG project PRIORITY (PRobabilistic mid- and long-term prIce fORecasting In electriciTY markets) on research and development of fundamental, econometric and machine learning methods for mid- and long-term modeling and forecasting of electricity markets. Within the German-Polish DFG-NCN project (see PRIORITY website) you will closely cooperate with first-class researchers in the research area. In addition, you may be involved in teaching and administrative tasks.
You have an above-average university degree (standard period of study at least 8 semesters) in the field of statistics/data science, (economic) mathematics, (economic) engineering, (economic) computer science, (quantitative) economics or similar. You are interested in energy-related issues, in interdisciplinary work and the development of statistical, data-based or mathematical models as well as their implementation with the help of appropriate software. In addition, you already have a good knowledge in statistics, econometrics or data science. Initial experience in the analysis of energy industry problems as well as knowledge of R or python are also desirable. You communicate fluently in German and English or are willing to learn it.
We offer you
- Individual supervision of your scientific work at the highest level, which will enable you to publish in international first-class journals
- Integration into the international research community, especially through regular participation in workshops and conferences
- A friendly working atmosphere in an innovative, digital-savvy team
- The position offers the opportunity for own scientific further qualification (esp. PhD) with numerous support offers
- A non-discriminatory working environment with respectful, appreciative cooperation
- Family friendliness through care for your children and advice on your care giving tasks
- A broad range of continuing education and training opportunities
- Attractive sports and health offers
- The distinct possibility of home office
Please send your application with the usual documents to Prof. Florian Ziel, University of Duisburg-Essen, 45141 Essen, e-mail email@example.com , quoting the reference number 591-23-1.
Information about the job
For information on the faculty and the advertised position, please visit https://www.uee.wiwi.uni-due.de/