Jetzt Teil der Universität werden / Become part of us
Faculty of Chemistry, Institute of Inorganic Chemistry
Scientific Researcher (f/m/d, No. 769-23)
EG 13 TV-L
The Faculty of Chemistry is one of the largest chemistry faculties in Germany and offers 3 courses of study under one roof: Chemistry, Water Science and Teaching Chemistry.
Employment is subject to the availability of appropiate external funding
Start of employment
Duration of employment
26 Std. 41 Min. (67 %)
Your main tasks
Research activities in the Disch group are centered on the structure, magnetism, and dynamics in functional nanoscale materials. In the context of the CRC/TRR 270 HoMMage, we will study the magnetization and spin disorder in nanostructured magnets. Using neutron scattering techniques such as magnetic SANS, unique information on the nanoscale magnetization reversal as a function of materials processing will be gained.
We are seeking a highly motivated researcher (f/m/d) with a Master or Diploma degree in chemistry, physics or related subjects with interest in X-ray/neutron scattering techniques and nanomagnetism who enjoy hands-on technological development. The selected applicant will study advanced nanostructured magnetic materials in close interaction with our collaboration partners within the CRC/TRR 270. The project will combine in-house characterization with neutron scattering experiments at international large-scale research facilities.
As part of this graduate position, the successful candidate will be offered the opportunity to undertake further academic training (leading to a PhD).
- Above-average university degree (1st state examination, diploma or master's degree) in chemistry, physics, or a related field of at least 8 semesters of standard study time
- A background in characterization of nanoscale materials or experimental techniques in condensed matter physics
- Experience in X-ray or neutron scattering, applied to nanoscale materials or colloids, is highly suited for this opportunity
- Experience in handling data and/or programming is desired
- Fluent in oral and written English
- A high degree of independence, while also encouraging interaction with colleagues
We offer you
- an active interdisciplinary research environment between chemistry, physics and materials science within a Collaborative Research Centre and Research Training Group
- a pleasant working atmosphere in a dynamic team
- access to and training on state-of-the art equipment
- further education and training and offers in the frame of CRC/TRR 270 and the university
Unfortunately, the application deadline for this position has passed.
Information about the job
Information about the Team is available at: https://www.uni-due.de/chemie/ak_disch/ak_disch.php