Jetzt Teil der Universität werden / Become part of us
Faculty of Chemistry, Institute of Inorganic Chemistry
Postdoctoral Researcher (f/m/d, No. 830-23)
salary group 13 TV-L
The Faculty of Chemistry is one of the largest chemistry faculties in Germany and offers 3 courses of study under one roof: Chemistry, Water Science and Teaching Chemistry.
Start of employment
Duration of employment
39 hours 50 minutes (100 %)
Your main tasks
Research activities in the Disch group are centered on the structure, magnetism, and dynamics in functional nanoscale materials. In this context, our field of study comprises key aspects of both soft condensed matter research, such as interactions in colloidal dispersions and self-organization, and hard condensed matter research, including nanoscale magnetism, magnetization dynamics, and the structural characterization of (nano)crystalline materials.
We are pleased to announce the opening of a postdoc position in our team at the University of Duisburg-Essen. We are seeking a highly motivated researcher to conduct frontier research in the fields of nanoscale materials and nanomagnetism. The project will include scattering experiments at international large-scale research facilities.
The community of researchers studying magnetic phenomena in the Ruhr region belongs to the best in Germany, and it is expected that the position holder will benefit from numerous possibilities for collaboration, for example through the Center for Nanointegration in Duisburg-Essen CENIDE or the DFG funded Collaborative Research Center TRR 270.
- A PhD degree in Inorganic or Physical Chemistry, Condensed Matter Physics, or a related field
- A background in one of the following areas is particularly suitable for this position:
- Advanced chemical synthesis of nanomagnetic materials
- X-ray or neutron scattering techniques applied to nanoscale materials or colloids
- In-situ/operando characterization using spectroscopic techniques
- Experience with experiment design, data collection, analysis, and interpretation; experience in data management and application of the FAIR principles
- Professional communication skills in oral and written English.
- A high degree of independence, while also encouraging interaction with colleagues
We offer you
- an active interdisciplinary research environment between chemistry, physics and materials science
- access to and training on state-of-the art equipment
- a pleasant working atmosphere in a dynamic team
- a broad range of further education and training opportunities
Unfortunately, the application deadline for this position has passed.
Information about the job
Information about the Team is available at: https://www.uni-due.de/chemie/ak_disch/ak_disch.php