Studying for a doctorate at the UDE
We are pleased that you are interested in studying for your doctorate at the UDE.
Doctoral applicants are responsible for finding their own academic supervisor and proposing a scientific topic. If your suggested topic is accepted, please send an email to the International Office including the following documents so that we can process your application:
- letter of academic supervision from the faculty supervisor at University Duisburg-Essen
- copy of the bachelor degree certificate and the corresponding transcript, including German or English translation
- copy of the master degree certificate and the corresponding transcript, including German or English translation
- A confirmation from the PhD Examination Board should be presented for enrollment. If your PhD thesis will be written in a language other than German, the language should be stated in this confirmation.
- Applications can be made at any time (except for Research Training Groups).
- You will find the main research topics of the faculties here.
- An overview of the Research Training Groups is available here.
sajola / photocase.com