Applying for a degree programme

Applicants from non-EU countries

You are applying as a foreign national of a non-EU country and/or have completed a Studienkolleg preparatory course (assessment test).

For German taught Bachelor courses please apply via uni-assist only.

For Master courses and for the International Studies in Engineering please apply to the International Office. Further information is available here.

German-educated foreign applicants

You are a German-educated foreign applicant if you hold a German higher education entrance qualification.

Please apply here.

Applicants from the EU

You are applying as a foreign national of one of the Member States of the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA).

Please apply here.

Picture credits

sajola /


International Office

Campus Duisburg
Geibelstraße 41
47057 Duisburg

Campus Essen
Universitätsstr. 15
45117 Essen