Chair of Dynamics and Control - Welcome
The guideline of our research is: science and technology serve humans and the environment. This includes:
- a focus on increasing the robustness and reliability of control and automation methods,
- the sustainable and efficient use of resources (energy, water, food) as well as the focus on human-centered automation, and
- the method-based development of safe and reliable systems.
For efficient organization of our research, we work in three working groups
- Methods, Mechatronics, and System Dynamics (MMS)
- Structural Health Monitoring (SHM)
- Cognitive Technical Systems (KTS)
together. The MMS group focuses on control engineering and mathematical methods as well as those of computer science. Applications can be found in the work areas SHM and KTS as well as in all other areas of dynamical systems.
The groups SHM and KTS focus on field-related fundamental research as well as application research.
The philosophy of the chair is focussed to methods and related experimental validation.
Engineering statements are only valid if by evidence and / or
When using experiments the principle feasibility of new approaches can be proven.
Accordingly, the Chair SRS has the expertise to develop and set up test stands and experiments, including Hardware-in-the-Loop (HiL) concepts, associated measurement technologies, as well as fast DSP (and PLC) hardware. Experiments can be realized in the Chair as well as together with our industrial partners.
In principle, we are open to new research projects with industry or other research institutes. Contact Prof. Söffker directly.
The Chair is internationally oriented and understands itself as an independent research unit with the assignment for the scientific qualification of young engineers with challenging scientific engineering topics. We are open for every kind of national and international cooperation.