Invitation to the Urban Systems Group workshop "Transformative Research in Cities" as part of the 4th KoMet-Day "Urban Complexity" on 29 November …
Invitation to the Urban Systems Group workshop "Transformative Research in Cities" as part of the 4th KoMet-Day "Urban Complexity" on 29 November 2022. Pre- and postdoctoral researchers are invited to submit their abstracts for presentations.
The goal of the workshop is to develop a deeper understanding of
(1) discourses of transformative research practice in sustainability transition cases from the Global South and North,
(2) roles researchers have in transition processes and handling associated challenges, and
(3) to discuss opportunities and challenges of methods like living labs, data modelling and scenario simulation in such projects.
We are looking for pre- and post-doc researchers from different disciplines to present their ideas and experiences on the following, and related topics:
• Concepts and theories of transformative research and sustainability transitions
• The roles of researchers and scientific institutions in co-productive transition processes
• Tools and methods transforming research institutions and scientific policies for climate-
positive research activities, like modelling or/and the experimental turn of living labs
• Materiality of transition discourse, e.g., how infrastructure, artefacts and objects affect transitions, and also how this is linked to immaterial heritages of norms, values, traditions, beliefs, etc. in transformation discourses (e.g., impact of risk perception).
Please submit a 300-word abstract of the proposed presentation, outlining the title, content, and link to the topic of the workshop. The presentation may be no more than 10 slides and 20 min long to allow time for discussion. Please send it till 31 October 2022 to: Bettina Pahlen, firstname.lastname@example.org.
All submitted presentation proposals will be evaluated after the submission deadline. You will receive feedback by 15 November 2022. Accepted submissions will lead to an invitation to present at the WORKSHOP (hybrid Format) (29 November 2022).
You find the detailed call here: https://www.uni-due.de/imperia/md/content/urban-systems/call_for_presentations_usg.pdf
More Information on the 4th KoMet-Day:
Read more about the Competence Field Metropolitan Research of the University Alliance Ruhr:
Read more about the Urban Systems Group: