Operations Research refers to the field of research that deals with the development and application of mathematical methods to prepare optimal decisions. A large number of problems exist in the business environment that can be solved with the methods of Operations Research.
The event provides an overview of procedures for solving quantitative business decision problems:
- Linear Optimization and Simplex Algorithm
- Graph theoretical Decision Methods
- Integer and combinatorial Optimization
- Job Scheduling
- Queueing Theory
|Composition of the Module Examination / Module Grade|
Arithmetic mean of the individual notes weighted with CPs.
Written exam (60 minutes)
Lecture: Tuesday 12:00 to 14:00 (LB 107)
Exercise: Thursday 16:00 to 18:00 (Room LX 1205)
• Lecture Notes – Operations Research für WiIngs (WiSe 2018/19, Geldermann)
• Domschke, W., Drexl, A. (2005): Einführung in Operations Research. Springer-Verlag
• Ellinger, T., Beuermann, G., Leisten R. (2003): Operations Research. Eine Einführung. Springer-Verlag
• Nickel, S., Stein, O., Waldmann, K. (2014): Operations Research. Springer-Verlag