The RIWWER project aims to research how to make Duisburg's wastewater system more resilient to torrential rain events through digitisation and AI. In this way, it contributes considerably to water and environmental protection efforts.
Our department is represented in the project by Tianheng Ling. Specifically, she is taking care of the optimisation and compression of algorithms and models for the embedded systems used.
The BMWK-funded project is a cooperation with many partners from other universities as well as the public and private sectors.
The aim of the project is to reduce the environmental impact of untreated wastewater during rainfall.
- City of Duisburg
- Municipal Waste Management Duisburg
- VDI e.V.
- Fraunhofer Institute for Mikroelectronic Circuits and Systems
- University Duisburg-Essen
- Technology and Innovation Management (TIM) of RWTH Aachen University
- Berliner Hochschule für Technik
- KROHNE Messtechnik GmbH (Duisburg)
- HST Systemtechnik GmbH & Co. KG (Meschede)
- Okeanos Smart Data Solutions GmbH (Bochum)