Transfer & Cooperations
The sustainability of modern societies depends on their ability to use scientific progress in an innovative and responsible way to solve social challenges.
At the UDE, a large number of actors are working intensively with partners from society, business, the cultural sector and politics.Read more
Our understanding of transfer
- Transfer is the shaping of social responsibility; this task permeates teaching and research.
- Transfer links technological aspects with social and ecological challenges that affect social groups or society as a whole.
- Transfer arises both on the initiative and on the basis of the expertise of the disciplines as well as through the work of central, interdisciplinary approaches.
- Transfer includes the ethical dimension in the sense of responsible research (Responsible Research and Innovation - RRI, EU approach).
- Transfer is based on the participation of a large number of people, from formal and informal, institutional and individual networks of civil society.
- Cooperation with local, regional, national and international actors* from business and society enables the mutual generation and social utilization of scientific expertise, teaching knowledge and services.
- The initiative of the university members, supported by central services, is the supporting pillar of the transfer.
Transfer audit Strategic development
The numerous transfer activities at our university as well as the related processes and sub-structures are based on the individual commitment of the actors. In order to support these efforts in the best possible way and to strategically develop its own understanding of transfer, the UDE took part in the "Stifterverband's transfer audit" in 2017 as one of ten NRW universities.