The University Board has adopted an implementation directive on the Corona Epidemic University Ordinance for UDE
On 13 May 2020, UDE’s University Board has approved a directive regarding the implementation of the Corona Epidemic University Ordinance (CEHVO), which has been effective since 14 May. This UDE directive specifically regulates flexible teaching and examination formats, free-attempt (i.e. not counting towards the maximum number of attempts allowed) and repetition options for examinations, extension of standard periods of study and additional compensation for disadvantages under the current overall conditions resulting from the coronavirus pandemic.
What does the task force for teaching and learning do?
The task force for teaching and learning is one of several working groups at UDE that meet regularly in audio and video conferences in the context of the coronavirus pandemic.
This task force examines how teaching, learning and examinations can be organised in times when social distancing is a priority and discusses pragmatic approaches and solutions that can be implemented in the current situation.
The group has been gradually extended to ensure that urgent questions can be adequately discussed, also taking the required expertise into consideration.
The task force for studying and teaching is not a decision-making body. The University Board is informed of the results of its discussions. The University Board sees to it that decisions on viable solutions are made and communicated.
In addition to the recipients listed below, meeting minutes are submitted to the Commission for Teaching, Learning and Further Education (KLSW), the staff of the ‘Hotline Lehre’ information service on teaching and the members of the Student Parliament (StuPa) for their information.
Composition of the task force for teaching and learning:
- Vice-Rectorate for Teaching and Learning
- Vice-Rectorate for Social Responsibility, Diversity & International Affairs
- Deans of Studies
- KLSW chairperson
- AStA (student council) chairperson
- Students' Council Conference (FSK)
- Central Equal Opportunity Officer
- Heads/Directors of the central facilities (Centre for Teacher Training, Center for Higher Education Development and Quality Enhancement, University Library, Centre for Information and Media Services, Centre for Student Counselling, Centre for Optional Studies)
- Department of Student Services
- Campus Management Section
- Registrar’s Office
- Facility Management Department, Property Management Section
- Staff Unit for Occupational Safety & Health and Environmental Protection
- Staff Council for Academic and Artistic Staff
- Ruhr Campus Academy
- As required: Department of Legal Affairs