UnOCat offers an individually agreed study program to the PhD students building up on compulsory modules and complementary individual measures.
The compulsory program of the UnOCat consists of:
- Central colloquium of the CRC/TRR 247
- Lecture series of the CRC/TRR 247
- PhD students retreat
- Summer school
- Internal CRC/TRR 247 workshop
- A two-month research stay at a collaborating university or research institute abroad
- Open house presentation for the general public (e.g. WissensNacht RUHR)
- Courses related to "Good scientific practice"
The other part of the qualification program is training of communication skills by presentations at national and international conferences and workshops, writing of scientific publications, and research stays abroad. This will be supported by the comprehensive offers for key qualification skills of the participating universities and Max Planck institutes.