Short Term Fellowships

For a transitional period of 3 up to 6 months graduate students can apply for a CRC/TRR 247 short term fellowship.
This short term fellowship allows graduate students to start scientific work within the context of the CRC/TRR 247. Afterwards, a follow-up financial support is possible in the CRC/TRR 247.
These funds can also be used for (foreign) doctoral students who have to spend one to three months abroad as part of their graduate school. These doctoral students will not be integrated into the CRC at a later stage, but will be required to write a scientific research report at the end of their stay, which clearly demonstrates the added value of their work for the CRC/TRR 247.
Candidates are selected on the basis of excellent performance in their studies and their motivation. As all teaching will be in English applicants should have good English knowledge. 
The fellowship is funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) and is thought to cover living expenses in Germany. In addition it will cover a confined amount of material costs. The Fellowship will be paid monthly.
How to apply
Only PIs can submit complete applications (Application Form including CV and degree certificates) via E-Mail as a single pdf-file to the coordinator Dr. Franziska Günther.
On the basis of these documents we will select potential candidates.
The selection criteria are:
 • Thematically fitting to CRC/TRR 247
 • Excellent performance in their studies, motivation
 • (Very) Good English knowledge
 • Support by supervisor
At the end of the fellowship, a short report on the results (max. 5 pages) must be submitted to Dr. Franziska Günther.
Good to know
After the short term fellowship there is the ability to apply for a PhD position within the CRC (job offers). The duration of the PhD position will be up to three years. The structured programme supports each graduate student individually to perform excellent scientific work on their own PhD project and offers lecture series, workshops, symposia, lab-rotations and practical courses which complements the PhD education (for more information see graduate school).