Workshop program of RUB Research School
Within the framework of the Research Academy Ruhr, RUB Research School will open its workshop program in February and March 2019 for doctoral and postdoctoral researchers from the universities of Duisburg-Essen and Dortmund. UDE’s members are requested to register by e-mail at Mandy Duckheim (stating the following details: name, email address, university, faculty).
The complete workshop program can be found here: http://www.research-school.rub.de/docin.0.html
Next available workshop (offered by RUB Research School)
Making a career in research: developing sustainable career strategies
The workshop is designed for doctoral researchers in the second half of their doctorate who consider developing and consolidating their career in academia. It will facilitate career decision-making at an early stage.
The workshop addresses on the challenges and perspectives of developing a career in academia, explores the particularities of conducting research in higher education institutions and highlights the criteria for career progression. It aims to assess the current position, to identify career goals and to develop a road map for how to achieve them.
By participating in the workshop, you will be better equipped to:
- understand the broader context in which research at higher education institutions is conducted
- identify the dimensions of your current doctoral position and what is expected of you in potential future roles as a postdoctoral researcher
- exploiting funding opportunities for postdoctoral researcher positions
- managing the transition from doctoral to postdoctoral researcher
- set realistic goals for career development and understand the importance of monitoring progress towards them
- understand how your career and your research agenda may be influenced by current trends and developments in the wider research environment
- create a road map for your personal setting to navigate through critical situations
The workshop is equally suited for both German and international candidates. It is highly interactive and includes theory input, practice scenarios, individual and group activities as well as plenary discussions.
Venue: FNO 01/171
Time: 9:30 - 17:00 hrs on day 1; 9:00 - 16:30 hrs on day 2 (incl. 1 h lunchbreaks)
Trainer: Dr. Thomas Koch
Participants: max. 12 persons
Next events Conference announcements
14th European Congress on Catalysis (EuropaCat) from August 18-23, 2019 in Aachen
A joint event of the catalysis communities from Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium.
- The major European Conference in the field of catalysis
- More than 1500 participants from industry and academia
- Around 200 lectures and 1000 posters
- January 14, 2019 - Deadline for abstract submission
- May 2, 2019 - Start of registration
- June 17, 2019 - Deadline for early-bird registration
- July 22, 2019 - End of registration
118th Bunsentagung - General Assembly of the German Bunsen Society for Physical Chemistry in Jena
May 30 - June 1, 2019
The focus lies on functional materials which are the core of many modern technologies, e.g. in energy conversion and storage, heterogeneous catalysis, biosensors and optical devices. The Bunsentagung 2019 will provide an excellent platform for fruitful research exchange with a focus on the application of physical and theoretical chemistry in interdisciplinary research and industrial innovations.
- December 7, 2018 - Deadline abstract submission
- February 28, 2019 - Deadline early-bird registration
- June 1, 2019 - End of registration
4th International Conference on New Photocatalytic Materials for Environment, Energy and Sustainability (NPM-4) 2019
5th International Conference on Photocatalytic and Advances Oxidation Technologies for the Treatment of Water, Air, Soil and Surfaces (PAOT-5) 2019
The NPM-4 and PAOT-5 will be jointly held at the University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium, April 23-25, 2019.
Deadline for abstract submission: January 31, 2019
International Bunsen-Discussion-Meeting from April 1-5, 2019 in Taormina, Italy
The focus lies on Fundamentals and Applications of (Photo) Electrolysis for Efficient Energy Storage.
- November 30, 2018 - Deadline for abstract submission
- January 31, 2019 - Deadline for early-bird registration
- January 31, 2019 - Deadline for late abstract submission (only posters)