INTERNATIONALISATION AT HOME - GUEST LECTURER PROGRAMME
UDE International Guest Lecturer Programme 2021/2022
The International Office invites applications for short term lectureships of non-European guest lecturers at UDE for the academic year 2021/2022. The deadline for proposals is 22 November 2021.
Objective of the Programme
The programme aims to introduce students as early as possible to foreign curricula and teaching methods, to encourage students to spend a part of their study time abroad and to enable also those students to experience internationalisation, who will not spend a term abroad due to various reasons. As the courses will - as a rule – be taught in a foreign language, students have the possibility to improve their language skills.
Besides the contribution to the internationalisation of the curricula, the programme offers the opportunity for scientific exchange and the establishment and expansion of exchange and research cooperations.
Information for Applications
- Funding period: 1 January 2022 - 30 September 2022
- deadline for proposals: 22 November 2021
- professors of all departments at UDE may propose a guest lectureship
- minimum period of stay is 5 days, the guest lecturer is supposed to teach a minimum of 8 hours a week
- guest lectures have to be held in English or in the language of the inviting philology
- the programme is open to all lecurers, i.e. also to junior scientists. The guest lecturer should have obtained his or her doctoral degree
- guest lecturers have to be from a non-ERASMUS participating country (exceptions must be justified)
- approved projects will be funded with a lump-sum amount up to max. 3,000 euros. The precise amount will be calculated on the basis of general public-sector regulations governing travel expenses at UDE and the travel expense rates of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
Please find more detailed information on the German website of the programme.
Please note that only faculty at UDE can apply directly to the International Office for funding.