Junior Faculty | TT Mentoring for Junior Professors
TT Mentoring at UDE
Tenure Track Mentoring at UDE (TT Mentoring) accompanies you in addressing the diverse opportunities and challenges up to the final evaluation, especially as a junior professor with a tenure track at the UDE.
Mentorship is an established form of passing on experience and (in-)formal knowledge about structures and rules of the game. This knowledge is passed on from a person with more experience (mentor) to someone with less experience (mentee). Confidentiality and impartiality characterise this particular form of professional relationship.
TT Mentoring supports mentees and mentors in preparing and implementing a successful mentoring relationship.
TT Mentoring support
Support for Junior Professors
The choice of a mentor needs to be well-prepared so that a helpful and trusting relationship can develop. Together with the coordinator, you:
- reflect on your wishes and expectations of mentoring in a coaching session;
- discuss your choice of a mentor strategically and receive suggestions;
- receive support in initiating the contact.
Support for Mentors
Would you like to become a mentor, or are you already active in TT Mentoring?
The coordinator will accompany you throughout the entire duration of your mentoring relationship, especially in clarifying the following questions:
- What experiences can, and would you like to, pass on?
- How do you define your role as a mentor?
- How much time do you want to invest?
- What expectations do you have of the junior professor?
If you are interested in mentoring as a junior professor at the UDE or as a mentor, please join us by contacting:
Fon +49 201-183-3054
Stephanie Sera coordinates the TT Mentoring offer at UDE. She is a career advisor and coach at GC Plus with a special focus on equity and diversity.