Strengthening Competencies, Generating Opportunities
Graduate Center Plus (GC Plus) supports the faculties of the University of Duisburg-Essen (UDE) in optimally promoting advanced Master's students, doctoral researchers and postdoctoral researchers.
At GC Plus, we advise and support early career researchers who e.g. wish to shape their career path in a targeted manner, exchange experiences, or expand and strengthen their interdisciplinary skills. Therefore, we pool the offers for the promotion of early career researchers at the UDE and cooperate with RUB Research School and Graduate Center TU Dortmund within the framework of the Research Academy Ruhr (RAR).
GC Plus is located in the Science Support Centre (SSC) of the UDE and reports to the Vice Rectorate for Research, Career Development and Knowledge Transfer. Strategic management is the responsibility of the Scientific Directorate of GC Plus.
The Scientific Directorate meets regularly at least twice a year. It includes representatives of various status groups, including three representatives of the GC Plus target groups.
- Prof. Dr. Dr. med. Dagmar Führer-Sakel (Vice-Rector for Research, Career Development & Science Transfer)
- Prof. Dr. Bernd Sures (Research Board Early Career Researchers)
- Prof. Dr. Peter Anker (Spokesperson Deans)
- Prof. Dr. Astrid Westendorf (Spokesperson Structured Programmes)
- Dr. Lisa Scheunemann (Postdoc I)
- Dr. David Tobinski (Postdoc II)
- Frederik Brandenstein (Doctoral Researcher)
The founding board was appointed by decision of the rectorate. A procedure will soon be drawn up for the positions that are not intended by function.