Information, Qualification, and Support
As an early career researcher at the University of Duisburg-Essen (UDE), you can take advantage of a wide range of qualification and support services in the different stages of your research career. Graduate Center Plus (GC Plus) supports UDE's faculties in optimally promoting early career researchers.
Advanced Master's students, doctoral researchers, postdoctoral researchers and the Junior Faculty benefit from:
- interdisciplinary information, e.g. on doctoral studies at the UDE, career paths within and beyond academia, and criteria for good scientific practice
- a voluntary, interdisciplinary workshop programme to strengthen your competencies
- access to the offers of Research Academy Ruhr
- a target group-specific overview of national and international funding opportunities as well as of the support services offered by the faculties and institutions at the UDE
- personal counselling and facilitation of contact persons
- networking within the University Alliance Ruhr (UA Ruhr) and beyond
At a glance
12.10.2020 - 11:00:39
During the Wirtschaftskolleg, employees from companies and institutions such as Evonik, Ingpuls GmbH, the Fritz-Hüser-Institut, 3M, innogy or the NRW Ministry of Transport will provide insights into their professional careers and answer questions about starting a job and career opportunities after the doctorate outside the university. The event will take place online via Zoom. Registration runs until 11 November.
Online workshops and consultations
The COVID 19 pandemic challenges us all in a special and new way. In this situation, we would like to support you as best as we can. Since it is currently not possible to hold on-site events and consultations, we have temporarily changed our offerings into online formats.
Our Coaching Hour offers you the opportunity to engage in a confidential dialogue on your concerns. We offer coaching by telephone or online after prior appointment. Please contact Valentina Vasilov for appointments: email@example.com. Further information (PDF)
Home office during corona time is not comparable to a normal home office day. Where otherwise there are child-care centers, schools or nursing staff available for at least part of the day, a few hours for undisturbed work have now become even rarer. Because of this special situation, we offer individual consultations for doctoral and postdoctoral researchers who are caring for children or relatives. Here you can talk about how your new everyday life between care and research looks like. Together we will search for practicable solutions. Advice is provided by telephone or via BigBlueButton. Appointments are also possible at off-peak hours.