Information, Qualification, and Support
Training, networks and counselling – as an early career researcher at the University of Duisburg-Essen (UDE), you can take advantage of a wide range of qualification and support services in the different stages of your research career.
Graduate Center Plus (GC Plus) supports UDE's faculties in optimally promoting early career researchers. Advanced Master's students, doctoral researchers, postdoctoral researchers and the Junior Faculty benefit from:
- interdisciplinary information, e.g. on doctoral studies at the UDE, career paths within and beyond academia, and criteria for good scientific practice
- a voluntary, interdisciplinary workshop programme to strengthen one's own competencies
- access to the offers of Research Academy Ruhr
- a target group-specific overview of national and international funding opportunities as well as of the support services offered by the faculties and institutions at the UDE
- personal counselling and facilitation of contact persons
- networking within the University Alliance Ruhr (UA Ruhr) and beyond
At a glance
We are at your service!
Online workshops and consultations in the summer semester 2020
The COVID 19 pandemic challenges us all in a special and new way. In this situation, we would like to support you as best as we can. Since it is currently not possible to hold on-site events and consultations, we have temporarily changed our offerings into online formats.
Our Coaching Hour offers you the opportunity to engage in a confidential dialogue on your concerns. We offer coaching by telephone or online after prior appointment. Please contact Valentina Vasilov for appointments: firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information (PDF)
Home office during corona time is not comparable to a normal home office day. Where otherwise there are child-care centers, schools or nursing staff available for at least part of the day, a few hours for undisturbed work have now become even rarer. Because of this special situation, we offer individual consultations for doctoral and postdoctoral researchers who are caring for children or relatives. Here you can talk about how your new everyday life between care and research looks like. Together we will search for practicable solutions. Advice is provided by telephone or via BigBlueButton. Appointments are also possible at off-peak hours.
06.07.2020 - 13:07:00
17.06.2020 - 10:15:22
Female doctoral researchers of all subject groups can still apply for the UA Ruhr mentoring³ programme until 15 July 2020. The next programme line will start in autumn 2020 with one group each for the humanities and social sciences, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
As a mentee you will benefit from a close exchange with an experienced mentor, from a tailored seminar programme for career development and from networking with peers.