The Center for Higher Education Development and Quality Enhancement (CHEDQE) is a university’s service institution in Duisburg-Essen, which supports the vice-chancellor’s office, the faculties and the scientists to develop and improve the quality of studies and apprenticeship. Moreover it contributes to the support of young scientists and to the support of Diversity-Sensitivity in university.
The CHEDQE’s activities cover the fields of quality assurance, studies, apprenticeship and scientific career.
- coordination of the Mentoring-System within the university
- further training in a higher education didactic way and advisory services for lecturers and tutors
- career supporting for students doing a doctor’s degree, PostDocs and students in their closing period
- evaluation: institutional and students satisfaction survey
- further development of the university’s quality management system
- support for the study programmes establishing distance learning tools drafts in their lectures
- advisory services and support for institutions developing diversity drafts
- Initiate and accompany innovation- and development-plans (project-/application-scouting and –coaching) in the faculties.