Our WISNA Professorships
On this page you will find current information about the WISNA professorships at the UDE.
Due to the underlying distribution key, the funding application was reduced by two professorships (to 21), which can be applied for in the second round of applications in 2019. In an internal procedure, 23 profile-sharpening research areas were identified, which will be covered by the WISNA professorships.
The professorships will be announced in three cohorts in 2018 (9 positions), 2019 (7 positions) and 2020 (7 positions). Particular importance is attached to fair and transparent appointment procedures. The criteria for assessing applicants* and the evaluation criteria for the tenure track will be communicated clearly and at an early stage.
WISNA Professorships 2-2018
The WISNA professorships of the second cohort were advertised on 12 October 18. You will find the announcements below. Further information is available on the linked documents.
- Junior Professorship for "Multilingualism and Social Participation"
- Junior Professorship for "German Linguistics with a Focus on Linguistic Integration"
- Junior Professorship for "Global Mobility from the 18th to the 20th Century"
- Junior Professorship for "Economics, in particular Labour Market and Health"
- Junior Professorship for "Economics, in particular Labour Market, Migration and Integration"
- Junior Professorship for "Multifunctional, Intelligent, Underground Infrastructure for Fluids"
- Junior Professorship for "Electroenergetic Functional Materials"
If you are interested in a WISNA professorship at the UDE, you should meet the following general criteria:
- Publications in the respective subject area in peer-reviewed journals, in particular in leading international journals
- Experience in the acquisition of competitive third-party funds
- Involvement in international research and relevant experience abroad
- Qualification in the field of Leadership in Science
- Teaching portfolio and didactic ideas for teaching under consideration of the UDE profile
- Willingness to participate in academic self-administration
In addition to these general criteria, other criteria that you will find in the respective invitations to tender are defined in a precise manner.
WISNA Professorships 1-2018
The WISNA professorships of the first cohort were announced on 10.01.2018.
- Junior Professorship for "Transnational Cooperation and Migration Research"
- Junior Professorship for "New Economic Geography/East Asia"
- Junior Professorship for "Algebra and Number Theory"
- Junior Professorship for "Imaging of Condensed Matter in the Time Domain"
- Junior Professorship for "Electrochemical Catalysis"
- Junior Professorship for "Process Engineering of Electrochemical Functional Materials"
- Junior Professorship for "Vaccine Development"
- Junior Professorship for "Translational Particle Therapy"
- Junior Professorship for "Mechanistic Cell Biology"
Information on the following WISNA professorships will follow here as soon as they are available.