The following items can be borrowed:
Non-borrowable media with an even location mark from the open-shelf section:
- overnight borrowing (from 06:00pm until 10:00am the following day),
- borrowing over the weekend (from Friday 04:00pm until Monday 10:00am).
If items are returned after 10:00am, you will have to pay a fine of 2.00 € per borrowed item. This is increased by 2.00 € per day if you further exceed the borrowing period.
Items that were borrowed via short-term borrowing can not be returned at the other campus or in another branch library. They need to be returned to the same library they were borrowed from.
The following items are excluded from short-term borrowing:
- bibliographies (D02, D34, D44, E00),
- media in the reserved information collection (D02, D34, D44, E00),
- media from the stock-room (D04, D06, D08, D14, D16, E04, E06, E36),
- loose-leaf collections,
- reserved semester collections,
- special collection European Union (D28)
- special collection of juvenile literature (E02),
In addition, external holdings of the following locations are not available via short-term borrowing:
- Institute for Development and Peace - INEF (D50),
- Archive material (D52)
- Steinheim-Institut (E88),
- Niederrhein-Bibliothek (E86),
- Central Student Advisory Service Duisburg (D62)
- Faculty of Mathematics of the University of Duisburg-Essen (E60),
- Institute for Advanced Study in the Humanities - KWI (E82, E84),
- Centre for Information and Media Services - CIM (D64, D66, E80).