New Examination Regulation PO19
The Faculty of Engineering is changing its entire range of courses of study in the winter semester 2019/20 and in this context is also adapting some of its existing courses of study. This includes the adjustment of credit points and the renewal of the contents as well as an adjustment of the regulations to the new framework examination regulations of the university. Furthermore, several new specializations and profiles have been added to the study programs and the elective catalogues have been adapted to new research results and areas.
In concrete terms, the following changes have been made:
The titles of various courses and examinations and their contents have been adapted.
The following study programs and specializations have been renamed:
- The master degree course „Automation and Control Engineering“ is renamed to „Automation and Safety“. The original course of study became a specialization.
- The specialization „Mikro- und Optoelektronik“ of the master degree course „Elektrotechnik und Informationstechnik“ is renamed to „Elektronik und Photonik“. The contents have been adjusted accordingly.
- The specialization „Technische Informatik“ of the master degree course „Elektrotechnik und Informationstechnik“ is renamed to „Eingebettete Systeme“. The contents have been adjusted accordingly.
- The specialization „Energie und Wirtschaft“ of the bachelor/master degree course „Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen“ is renamed to „Elektrische Energietechnik und Wirtschaft“. The contents have been adjusted accordingly.
New specializations have been established in the following study programs:
- Master „Elektrotechnik und Informationstechnik“: New specialization „Medizinische Elektronik“
- Master “Automation and Safety”: New specialization “Safe Systems”
- Master “Mechanical Engineering”: New specialization “Maritime Systems Safety”
- Master “Mechanical Engineering”: New specialization “Turbomachinery”
You can look up the changes in the curriculum of the programs in detail in the module database. All new curricula are marked PO19.
All already enrolled students who started their studies in summer semester 2019 or earlier will remain in the old version of the examination regulations and can finish their studies based on the existing study plans.