Commission for International Affairs
We want to increase the international visibility of engineering science at the Duisburg-Essen location and offer highly attractive scientific fields of activity. We want to take advantage of the cultural wealth of the region and the university and promote intercultural exchange.
In education we want to:
- be an attractive and internationally competitive place of study for highly qualified students from all over the world.
- to ensure and continuously improve the quality of our international activities. This requires quality assurance of the range of courses offered and an appropriate selection of students.
- facilitate the path to international exchange programs for local students and encourage them to think and act internationally.
In research we want to:
- to develop and expand international research cooperation and thus to strengthen the research focus of the faculty in a targeted manner.
- organize internationally visible scientific events at the University of Duisburg-Essen.
In this way we want to make a significant contribution to further strengthening and sharpening the profile of Duisburg-Essen as a science location.